Tuesday, March 08, 2005

After These Messages From Our Sponsors...

Welcome to my advertising industry blog, where I'll discuss
the spots I see come crashing through the TV set every day.
The ones that stink, and the ones that make me blink.

Why? OK, OK, I have to fess up to a certain amount of bitterness. I'm
an advertising creative myself. In my many years of
writing, I've never actually had a TV spot produced. I came
close a time or two, but budget constraints or a change in
plan precluded me ever being able to say I had a "reel" to
go along with my "book"; a book being one's portfolio of
samples. My book is crammed with full color ads, some
double truck ads, some direct mail, some brochures, some
corporate capabilities pieces, and even some radio... but
alas, no TV. So, you might say I'm jealous of those who do
have a "reel" to speak of.
No, that's not quite it. Just like with all those other
types of ads, I feel that, given the client and the
opportunity, I could do a lot better than what passes for
"creative" TV ad spots these days. Sure, there are also
some that make me say, 'Wow, I wish I'd thought of
that'.... but I can truthfully admit the kind of ad genious
that I would not have been able to come up with given the
same blank sheet of paper. This blog will be to give credit
for those ads, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home